The Portland Song -Song-A-Thon Tapestry – Instruction Page.
We need your MP4 video by July 15th 2017.
Just select the part of the verse of ‘The Portland Song’ you want sing either by yourself or with your friends. Then video record yourself, and or yourself with your friends, singing it at a location or with a background or foreground that best fits/makes sense for the words, of that part, of the song you pick.
Just use any kind of video camera, a cell phone is fine, and upload the video, in mp4 format, to the Portland Puppets email Portlandpuppets@gmail.com.
You don’t need to do any editing. If your submitted clip is one of the many chosen the Portland Puppets will edit it into ‘The Portland Song’ video.
Submitted clips are chosen based on heart & soul along with the location, background or foreground. The main thing is to just have fun with it!
If your clip is chosen it be part of ‘The Portland Song’ video you will be part of Portland history! This is ‘The Portland Song’ and it belongs to you Portland, so play/sing your part!
See visual “Easy Instruction Graphic” below.
Musicians/bands just play the entire song your way.
1. Listen to the song and pick out your numbered part from 1 to 46. Click here to hear the song video and see the lyrics.
2. Video record yourself, or yourself and others, singing at a Portland location and or at a scene that fits those song lyrics you picked.
3. Upload the video clip, as a common mp4 file, in an email attachment, and email it to PortlandPuppets@gmail.com
4. The Portland Puppets will send you a reply within a few days of receiving your video clip. Once the deadline for submissions has been met the Portland Puppets will produce the official, ‘The Portland Song’ video along with the ‘I’m On It Portland’ video, featuring every video clip submitted.
5. The Portland Puppets will do all they can to promote ‘The Portland Song’ and ‘I’m On It’ videos. Everyone who wants to be credited on the video will be.
6. Just email PortlandPuppets@gmail.com with your questions. Thank you Portland. You’re On It!
We are aiming for a July 15th deadline for this so if you’re interested go pick your part from one of 46 song parts and get On It Portland!
Please email us at PortlandPuppets@gmail.com with any questions and we’ll get back to you as soon we can. Thank you.